Immune Globulin (Human)
Solution of immune globulin for intramuscular administration
GamaSTAN (immune globulin [human]) is indicated for prophylaxis following exposure to hepatitis A infection, prevention or modification of measles in susceptible persons exposed fewer than 6 days previously, modification of varicella, and modification of rubella in exposed women who will not consider a therapeutic abortion.
Broad Pathogen Safety Margin:
- Caprylate precipitation/Depth filtration
- Caprylate incubation
- Depth filtration
- Column chromatography
Low pH final container incubation
GamaSTAN is made from human blood; it may carry a risk of transmitting infectious agents, eg, viruses, the variant Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease (vCJD) agent, and, theoretically, the Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease (CJD) agent.
- Mercury (thimerosal) free and latex free
- GamaSTAN provides tamper-evident packaging
- Vaccines can take weeks to build efficacy, which can protect for years. GamaSTAN provides immediate protection. This allows the vaccine the time needed to establish active immunity for your patients in high-risk situations, such as:
- Travelers to developing countries, especially tourists, military personnel, business travelers, students, and missionaries
- Children in daycare centers
- People with multiple sex partners
- Intravenous drug users who share needles
When used in combination with a vaccine, GamaSTAN offers maximum postexposure immune protection
|Fill Size||NDC Number|
- Do not use after expiration date printed on the label
- Between 2°C-8°C (36°F-46°F)
Do not freeze
Please download full prescribing information for GAMASTAN from the link below.
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.